CEFR - Goal-oriented co-operation
From Council of Europe CEFR 2018 companion version with new descriptors: (link)
CEFR Category - Interaction
CEFR Subategory - Spoken
- No descriptors available; see C1
- Can frame a discussion to decide a course of action with a partner or group, reporting on what others have said, summarising, elaborating and weighing up multiple points of view
- Can understand detailed instructions reliably. Can help along the progress of the work by inviting others to join in, say what they think etc. Can outline an issue or a problem clearly, speculating about causes or consequences, and weighing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
- Can follow what is said, though he/she may occasionally have to ask for repetition or clarification if the other people's talk is rapid or extended. Can explain why something is a problem, discuss what to do next, compare and contrast alternatives. Can give brief comments on the views of others.
- Can generally follow what is said and, when necessary, can repeat back part of what someone has said to confirm mutual understanding. Can make his/her opinions and reactions understood as regards possible solutions or the question of what to do next, giving brief reasons and explanations. Can invite others to give their views on how to proceed
- Can understand enough to manage simple, routine tasks without undue effort, asking very simply for repetition when he/she does not understand. Can discuss what to do next, making and responding to suggestions, asking for and giving directions.
- Can indicate when he/she is following and can be made to understand what is necessary, if the speaker takes the trouble. Can communicate in simple and routine tasks using simple phrases to ask for and provide things, to get simple information and to discuss what to do next.
- Can understand questions and instructions addressed carefully and slowly to him/her and follow short, simple directions. Can act on basic instructions that involve times, locations, numbers etc. Can ask people for things, and give people things
- No descriptors available; see A1