CEFR - Monitoring and repair
From Council of Europe CEFR 2018 companion version with new descriptors: (link)
CEFR Category - Production
CEFR Subategory - Strategies
- Can backtrack and restructure around a difficulty so smoothly the interlocutor is hardly aware of it.
- Can backtrack when he/she encounters a difficulty and reformulate what he/she wants to say without fully interrupting the flow of speech. Can self-correct with a high degree of effectiveness.
- Can often retrospectively self-correct his/her occasional slips or non-systematic errors and minor flaws in sentence structure.
- Can correct slips and errors if he/she becomes conscious of them or if they have led to misunderstandings. Can make a note of favourite mistakes and consciously monitor speech for it/them.
- Can correct mix-ups with tenses or expressions which lead to misunderstandings provided the interlocutor indicates there is a problem.
- Can ask for confirmation that a form used is correct. Can start again using a different tactic when communication breaks down.
- No descriptors available; see C1
- No descriptors available; see A2
- No descriptors available; see A1