CEFR - Strategies to simplify a text - streamlining a text
From Council of Europe CEFR 2018 companion version with new descriptors: (link)
CEFR Category - Mediation
CEFR Subategory - Strategies
- Can redraft a complex source text, improving coherence, cohesion and the flow of an argument, whilst removing sections unnecessary for its purpose
- Can reorganise a complex source text in order to focus on the points of most relevance to target audience.
- Can simplify a source text by excluding non-relevant or repetitive information and taking into consideration the intended audience. Can edit a source text by deleting the parts that do not add new information that is relevant for a given
audience in order to make the significant content more accessible for them.
Can identify related or repeated information in different parts of a text and merge it in order to make the
essential message clearer.
- Can identify and mark (e.g. underline, highlight etc.) the essential information in a straightforward, informational text, in order to pass this information on to someone else.
- Can identify and mark (e.g. underline, highlight etc.) the key sentences in a short, everyday text.