CEFR - Sustained monologue - putting a case e.g.debate
From Council of Europe CEFR 2018 companion version with new descriptors: (link)
CEFR Category - Production
CEFR Subategory - Spoken
- No descriptors available; see C1
- Can argue a case on a complex issue, formulating points precisely and employing emphasis effectively. Can develop an argument systematically in well-structured speech, taking into account the interlocutors perspective, highlighting significant points with supporting examples and concluding appropriately.
- Can develop an argument systematically with appropriate highlighting of significant points, and relevant supporting detail.
- Can develop a clear argument, expanding and supporting his/her points of view at some length with subsidiary points and relevant examples. Can construct a chain of reasoned argument. Can explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Can develop an argument well enough to be followed without difficulty most of the time. Can give simple reasons to justify a viewpoint on a familiar topic.
- Can express opinions on subjects relating to everyday life, using simple expressions. Can briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions, plans and actions. Can say whether or not he/she approves of what someone has done and give reasons to justify this opinion
- Can explain what she likes or dislikes about something, why he/she prefers one thing to another, making simple, direct comparisons.
- Can present his/her opinion in simple terms, provided listeners are patient
- No descriptors available; see A2
- No descriptors available; see A1