CEFR - Vocabulary control
From Council of Europe CEFR 2018 companion version with new descriptors: (link)
CEFR Category - Linguistic
CEFR Subategory - Competence
- Consistently correct and appropriate use of vocabulary.
- Uses less common vocabulary idiomatically and appropriately. Occasional minor slips, but no significant vocabulary errors.
- Lexical accuracy is generally high, though some confusion and incorrect word choice does occur without hindering communication.
- Shows good control of elementary vocabulary but major errors still occur when expressing more complex thoughts or handling unfamiliar topics and situations. Uses a wide range of simple vocabulary appropriately when talking about familiar topics.
- Can control a narrow repertoire dealing with concrete everyday needs.