Class - Online 1 - basics for online
Hello! Welcome to the course!
This is online Class 1
There are two units in this class.
This is Unit 1.
Aim of Class 1 Unit 1
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Use "Google Classroom"
- Say hello to the class
- Ask for help if you have problems
You are "present"(出席) if you finish Homework 2 "Say Hello"
- Read this page
- Do Homework 1 and Homework 2 before next class
- Deadline is end of Class 1 (Wednesday 18:05)
- If you do not understand, translate: (link)
Asking for help
- If you have problems email me
- If you can't explain, take a screenshot
Task 1: Join Google Classroom
- 1) Download the "Google Classroom" app: (link)
- 2) Sign in
- Use your eXXXXXXXX@soka-u.jp address
- DO NOT use a normal @gmail.com address
- 3) Join the class
- I emailed your @soka-u.jp address
- I sent an invitation and a code
- Can't find your invitation? Email me!
- Instructions in Japanese are here: (link)
- 4) If you have a laptop, please follow the instructions to find the class in a browser (Firefox/Chrome/Edge) too
Task 2: Say hello!
- 1) Go to Google Classroom
- 2) Find the front page ("Stream")
- 3) Find "This is Task 2, for Class 1 Orientation"
- 4) Follow the instructions to "Add Class Comment"
- Introduce yourself to the class.
- Say hello
- Tell us your name
- Tell us one thing about you (hobby, sport, etc).
- For example: "Hello! My name is Hiroki. I like playing piano"
- If you are first, don't be shy! Show other students how to do it!
- If you have a problem,
- English stream manual here: (link)
- Japanese stream manual here: (link)
- If that doesn't work, email me
- If I don't see your post by week 2, I will email you later to make sure you are OK.
Up next: Class 1 - Unit 2
- See Google Classroom Unit 2.
- Please check Google Classroom for ALL FUTURE WORK
- If you have problems, email me