Class - Online 2 - understand the course
Aim of Online Unit 2
By the end of Online Unit 2, you will be able to:
- Ask me a question by email
- Send a good email
- Write a good question
- Understand your Syllabus
- Answer a survey
Contents and Announcements
- Just to confirm: we do NOT have Zoom or Hangouts or any other video class during Class 1 period.
- Class 1 is homework only.
- Finish it by the deadline.
- Our first Zoom class DURING class period is Class 2
- Before or during Class 1:
- I will check after class
- Deadline is end of the "class" (Wednesday, 18:05)
- If your work is missing, I will contact you
- If you have a question, email me: email@example.com
- You are "present" (出席) if you finish Unit 1 Task 2 ("Say hello on Google Classroom") and Unit 2 Homework 2 (Send an email to Malc)
Homework 1 - Find your syllabus
1) Read these important points first
- "Assessment", especially "Participation" will change later
- So don't worry about "Assessment" for now
- I will explain Assessment later, step by step
2) Read your Syllabus:
Homework 2 - Write a good email
- In Unit 1, I said "If you have problems, email me!"
- But I didn't tell you how to write an email.
- Before the end of class:
- 1) Read this: write a well formatted email
- Read "Make your own email" and "Common Mistakes"
- There are example emails
- DO NOT just copy the email - copy and CHANGE the email
- 2) Think of a question you want to ask me
- Any question is OK!
- Question about class or syllabus
- Question about my country (Scotland)
- Question about learning English
- Not sure what to ask?
- 2) Send me an email asking your question
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use what you learned in write a well formatted email
- (e.g. it should start "Dear Malc," and end "Regards,")
- If you're not sure, just copy "Example email 2"
- I will answer
- I will give you feedback on your email style
- If it needs work, I will ask you to try again
Homework 3 - answer this survey
- Click this link and answer the questions.
- Don't forget to hit "Submit"
- Survey: (link)
- Problems in iOS Safari?
- If you have a content blocker (e.g. Firefox Focus) the link might not work:
- Press and hold the link
- Copy it. Use Firefox or Chrome
- (Or use your laptop instead)
- "This survey is to determine your internet connection and the devices you have. This will help your teacher decide what tools we can use for class while we are online. Don't worry - your grade will not be affected if you are unable to use certain technologies. このアンケートはあなたのインターネット回線状況とあなたが所持している機器を確認するためのものです。私たち指導者が担当しているオンラインのある環境下の授業で、どの機器を使用すれば良いか、このアンケート結果を通して選択する予定です。アンケートに答えるにあたり、特定の機器を所持していない、また授業で使われるような機器を全く持っていない場合でも成績には一切反映されないので、機器の有無に対してご心配しないようお願い致します"