“Is the Loch Ness Monster real or not”
|Reason||"Loch Ness is very narrow, so where would it hide?"|
|Report||"My cousin said he saw it" (personal report) |
"It was seen by person X on date Y" (testimony)
|Research||"The BBC used 600 submarines and found nothing": (link)|
1. If we go to Canada, we will have to speak English, so our level will go up.
2. My friend said that the food she ate on a study abroad was terrible.
3. Study abroad is too expensive - 300000/week (http://www.studyabroad.co.jp)
4. My friend went on a study abroad and made new friends from many countries.
5. When we travel, people we meet learn about Japan and maybe want to visit. More tourists = good economy
6. Other countries are dangerous. According to the LAPD, there were over 1000 murders in 1993 (http://www.laalmanac.com/crime/cr02.html)
1. Is it Reason, Report or Research?
2. Is it FOR or AGAINST doing a study abroad?
3. Write a keyword for each piece of evidence.
4. Is it strong? How could you argue against this evidence?