Are you doing job hunting? How is it going?
What part time jobs have you had?
What job do you want after you graduate?
C.V. or Resume? Which is which?
1) A one page summary of work and learning used mostly in US business.
2) A 2-3 page summary of learning and work used in the UK and schools.
Look at the examples
What else can you think of?
Make your job sound better (without lying)
Instead of: Waiter, XYZ Ramen, Shinjuku. I took money, took orders, cleaned toilet.
Better to say: Serving staff, XYZ Ramen, Shinjuku. Responsible for cash handling, customer service and hygiene inspection.
|took money||cash handling|
|talked to customers||customer service|
|locked the door||security|
|fixed the door||maintenance|
|cleaned (the kitchen)||(food) hygiene|
|put up Halloween decorations||décor|
|told new staff what to do||staff training|
|organised shift swaps||scheduling|
|did some paperwork||administration|
|filled the shelves||stock control|
|giving free stuff away||promotions|
|checked something||quality control|
1) Find an appropriate CV Template
2) Download it and fill in the details
3) Try to adapt your CV to the job
Next week we will check the CVs, and work on: