What is "SRA"?
SRA are A4 folded cards in four boxes in the self access centre.
Each card has
- an easy reading aout Science (General Science, Life Science, Earth Science, Physics)
- a quiz.
For this report, we will read an easy book. We will practice:
- Useful specialist vocabulary for your major
- Understanding and answering questions
- Reading and understanding easy technical texts
- Discussing what you have read
- Typed RR only, not learning log:
- Formatting written work
- Writing good discussion questions
1) Go to the self access centre.
2) Find the colourful boxes on the left as you enter: (link)
3) Choose a box (General Science, Life Science, Earth Science, Physics).
4) Choose a topic card. Take a note of the title: e.g. "Life Science Box - 5B-Plant Cells"
5) Read it and take rough notes (Handwriting OK)
6) Close the card
7) Try the quiz from your notes
8) Mark your quiz
9) Add any useful vocab to your list for that week
10) In class, use your notes to tell your partner quickly what you learned
11) In class, I will also check
- you did the quiz - I should see 1-10, answers, and a score
- you took notes - I should see notes, not a copy of the card
- You can get up to 5 participation points for extra reading and listening.
- Check your syllabus for details
- You do not need to write a full RR outline to get bonus points.
- Just log input instead