1) Get ready
- Read the question carefully
- Download and read the templates and examples
2) Invention - collect ideas and research.
Think and research
- What do you already know
- What ideas do you have yourself
- Do research online
Before you start writing, you need:
- Find out what you need (e.g. 3 problems, 3 solutions, 3 comparisons)
- research MORE than 3 points
- Share your research in class
- Choose the best 3
- If you can't find enough points, change your topic!
4) Style - express your ideas clearly
See your syllabus for the exact schedule
- a) Check it yourself: marking rubric for essay
- b) Fix problems and print again. We will check with a partner in class
- c) Fix problems and print again. Take it to the Writing Centre
- d) Fix problems. Email to Malc for checking
I will use Microsoft Word comments.
- It's easier if you use the "Reviewing Pane"
- If you don't understand my comment
- come to office hours
- Follow the email example "asking for feedback" write a well formatted email
- Ask in class: bring a printout or show me on laptop/tablet
6)Email me your final draft for grading
i.e. A3/B4/C4 (if you did writing centre, version 4)
- FIX the comment and DELETE the comment
- Fix ALL comments. If you do not understand, ASK me.
- If you ignore comments (e.g. B3 and B4 are the same), you wasted my time.
- Ignore my feedback = automatic D. (maximum)