Use the templates
The easiest way to get formatting right is to use the templates!
Copy it carefully! Check it still follows these rules:
Times New Roman, 12 pt font.
- Check everything, including title and references
- The template is in colour, but the essay should be printed black
- do NOT just print it black (orange comes out grey).
- Actually change the colour before you print
Double space body text
- MENU: 書式--->段落---> 行間---> 二行)
- RIBBON: ホーム--->段落 ---> 行間---> 二行)
- DO NOT double space info or outlines.
Normal sized margins (余白)
- 2.54cm (one inch) margins on all sides (レイアウト→余白)
Name, number, class, code, and date
- Don't forget the proper code (QW2, V3, A2, etc)
- Date is the deadline of this homework. No "th" or "st" (e.g. April 24, 2015)
Indent the first line of every paragraph
- The template will do this automatically.
- If not, add a "tab". If the tab is too small
- find "tabs" in 書式 and set them to 1.27cm
- You could also add 4-5 spaces instead, but this is bad style
Title in Title Case
- Center aligned
- No more than 12 words (shorten long QW topics)
- 12pt Times New Roman
- No bold/italics/underline
- use title case
Empty lines between sections
- One empty line between info and title.
- One empty line between title and text.
- One empty line between text and references.
Correct Alignment (Right, left, center, never justified)
|Align how? ||Align what?|
|Right align ||Info & Word Count|
|Left align ||Paragraphs|
|Center align ||Title|
|Justify ||NOTHING! (spaces stretches in a strange way)|