Study Skills - use Google Drive
1) Do not confuse normal Gmail and soka-u.jp. Please use YOUR soka-u.jp address to share a document with MY soka-u.jp address
2) There are two kinds of feedback
- If I make a comments, it's important. I want you to understand the problem, fix it and mark it resolved. Then try not to do it again.
- If I suggest a change, it means it's not so important (e.g. spelling). Just click the tick and accept it.
3) Never "request access". You have access.
- It's your document, you're just not logged in to the right account
- Log in to soka-u.jp
- If you have a question about my comment, you can click on the comment and reply. It will email me.
- Please only use it if you don't understand. If you understand, fix it but DON"T ask "Is this OK" (60 students * 100 comments = 6000 emails).
- Please only ask if you cannot ask in the class periods marked "Review feedback"
- Please only ask 3 questions max. If you have more, come to office hours.
- I might not have PC access outside of work hours. Try to ask questions that I can answer using thumbs on a phone on a train. Anything more complicated, come to office hours.
Google Drive tweaks
Q: How do I stop getting 100 emails when you mark my essay?
A: You can turn off all comments OR turn them off for this document
- Instructions to turn them off: (link)
Q: How do I remove the header and footer when printing?
A: Under "File" - "Print", choose "Minimum" under "Margins"
Q: How do I turn on spellcheck for English?
A: Under "File", select "Language" and choose an English
Q: How do I get outline numbering for RR outlines?
A: Under "Format", "Numbered List" choose the one that has I, II, III, IV.
Q: How to I fix Burasage?
A: Format = Align and Indent - Indentation Options - Hanging - 1.27cm (0.5 inches)
A: Hyoujikeisiki -> Haititoindento -> Tokushu indento ->Burasage